- Project Summary, Objectives and Expected ImpactsiCargo IP aims at advancing and extending the use of ICT to support new logistics services that: (i) synchronize vehicle movements and logistics operations across various modes and actors to lower CO2 emissions, (ii) adapt to changing conditions through dynamic planning methods involving intelligent cargo, vehicle and infrastructure systems and (iii) combine services, resources and information from different stakeholders, taking part in an open freight management ecosystem. To achieve the above targets, iCargo will design and implement a decentralized ICT infrastructure that allows real world objects, new planning services including CO2 calculation capabilities and existing systems to co-exist and efficiently co-operate at an affordable cost for logistics stakeholders. iCargo infrastructure will include Intelligent Cargo items to facilitate automated reactive decision-making and to integrate information obtained from on-going execution (all modes) into planning processes to optimize environmental performances, including real-time information about traffic and transport infrastructure conditions. iCargo involves representatives of the main stakeholders in three main areas of activity: (i) research and technological development, involving leading ICT companies and institutes to integrate in iCargo the necessary technology components, including results from key related EU projects, and to develop innovative approaches and business models for co-modal transport environmental optimization and dynamic planning; (ii) implementation, demonstration and validation of three extensive pilots in end-to-end multi-actor intermodal chains, involving users from logistics companies, shippers and public authorities; (iii) extensive dissemination of research results, demonstration and pilot cases validation activities, aimed at transferring iCargo results to the international transport logistics community and supporting take-up and extensive exploitation immediately after the project.
- ALICE members as partners of I-CargoALICE members as partners of I-Cargo
- Why is this Project Relevant for ALICE & the Physical Internet?Why is this Project Relevant for ALICE & the Physical Internet?
Design and implement a decentralized ICT infrastructure that allows real world objects, new planning services including CO2 calculation capabilities and existing systems to co-exist and efficiently co-operate at an affordable cost for logistics stakeholders Real time planning services including CO2 calculations and intelligent cargo.
- Project Q&A: Ask Your questions here!Project Q&A: Ask Your questions here!
- Presentations, Documents & Leaflets
Presentations, Documents & Leaflets