Project Summary, Objectives and Expected Impacts
ST4W proposes a management solution for shipment by inland
waterway transport, providing to small stakeholders a simpler and
cheaper access to secure data, and enabling them to share a hierarchical
track & trace service of shipment at logistics unit level : what
pallet in what vessel ?
ST4W solution will provide an end to end seamless visibility to supply chain stakeholders :
- Automatic update of logistics unit status (pallet, container …)
- Real-time update of ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) of each logistics unit, throughout the multimodal supply chain
- Automatic alert in the case of delay or loading the wrong logistics unit
- Electronic proof of delivery at each step:
This cloud-oriented platform is based on GS1 standards, where
everyone is master of his own data and shares it only with chosen
A sustainable and closer cooperation between waterway actors and their supply chain partners will enable more clients to make use of waterway transportation (from mental shift to modal shift), and consequently to reduce CO2 emissions of their logistics operations.
- Pallet Shuttle Barge ZULU carried 196 pallets of construction materials from ROOSENS BETON (Seneffe) to GOBERT MATERIAUX (Anderlecht): total weight of 300 tons, the equivalent of 10 trucks.
- MS Oorderdam carried 1,200 pallets of “MP 75” plaster bags from the Knauf factory in Engis (near Liège in Belgium) to the Shipit warehouse located in the port of Brussels: they successfully tested the identification tools deployed as part of the ST4W project, paving the way for end-to-end visibility on the logistics chain.
- Fleximalle’s inaugural journey delivered wooden construction
elements from the Cuiller manufacturer's factory in Petit-Couronne near
Rouen to the destination site at Noisy-le-Grand (east of Paris region):
Fleximalle is tracked from end to end along the multimodal journey thanks
to the ST4W hierarchical tracking system. The highlight of this multimodal
journey was the transshipment operation at Paris Terminal; from the
Bosphore (container liner) to the Zulu (small barge dedicated to urban transport).
- A management solution for shipment by inland waterway transport, providing small stakeholders with a simpler and cheaper access to secure data, and enabling them to share a hierarchical track & trace service of shipment. This includes 1 cloud-oriented platform, with a range of 2 versions, connected with 3 external systems.
- 3 pilot projects as valorisation scenarios.