Join the 2021 market study on energy efficiency and GHG emission intensity values for logistics site
►Objective of the ongoing market study
- Identify main influencing parameters on energy efficiency and GHG emissions at sites
- Elaborate average GHG emissions intensity values for sites
► Companies are invited to answer questionnaires for (1) transhipment sites / warehouses or (2) terminals
► Participating companies receive their individual results, information on average values and overall outcomes of the study
► Results reflect ongoing international discussion (e.g. ISO 14083)
► We follow two approaches for elaborating average GHG emissions intensity values for sites
► The survey uses Excel based questionnaires for transhipment sites & warehouses and terminals that can be downloaded here.
► The survey has global scope and questionnaires are available in English, German, Italian and Spanish.
► All companies operating logistics sites (e.g. transhipment sites, warehouses, terminals) are invited to participate in the survey.
► Three contact points: in Italy, Germany and Colombia
► Dissemination May to September 2021 for data collection for a representative year
► All confidential information stays with the chosen contact point of GILA
► Analysis of the data:
- Consortium elaborates average values (general approach) & concept for future more detailed analyses
- Participating company receives carbon footprint for its site(s)
- Publication of set of average values as e.g. benchmark or to be used in carbon accounting tools, standards or if data on sites is lacking in supply chain quantifications.
- Best practices & future requirements, services and concepts for sustainable logistics sites within an energy & resource efficient transport chain
- Methodological framework for describing detailed the environmental performance of logistics sites
The work is performed collaboratively by 10 international partners.